Treasure Island - Manitoulin Island

Treasure Island - Manitoulin Island
My Vacation Spot

Monday, July 6, 2009

How I Made My PodCast

It took a really long time and a lot of patients to figure this out. I thought it would have been a lot easier but I will give you the steps on how I did it. Here it goes!!!

1. I recorded my voice with Audacity
2. Once I finished that I had to use another piece of software called "Switch" for Mac to make it an .mp3 file. I had to do this because Audacity would only save as a .WAV and that format is way to large to upload.
3. Next I researched how to post an audio file on a blog and I found out the hard way that blog spot does not have a gadget for it. So I searched and searched the internet till I found the HTML code which is " < embed src="audio file name" autostart="false" loop="false"/>.
4. The only downside to this html code is you have to create a website with your audio file posted on it. Luckily I have a friend that owns his own business and was willing to let me upload my .mp3 file to their website so I could point the html code there.
5. Lastly there is a gadget on blogspot called html/java script I added that, then went to the edit link and pasted the html code with the proper website source.
***************************************************************************************

Here is my Podcast!!!

I Made My Own Podcast WooHoo! This is my podcasting in education assignment.. hope you all enjoy it!!

If anyone has a simpler way please let me know because this way was very hard and took me a very long time to figure out

2 comments:

  1. Great job Cori-thorough and informative. There must be an easier way!I admire all of your hard work.I took my FSL course through Western and we had to post audio clips online of our assignments. Didn't realize at the time that I was 'podcasting'. There must be simple software available for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done!!!!! Just a heads up...if you don't have access to your own website....there is a great free podcast hosting site called PODBEAN @ http://www.podbean.com
    Here you can upload all your own podcast in MP3 form and to the html code for embedding into your blog spot is all included....simply just cut and paste....the hardest parts is actually making your podcast....feel free to check out my post
    http://teacha-homework.blogspot.com/

    Great Job Cori!!!!

    ReplyDelete